Continuing in my series talking about vacation home rentals in Estes Park, here are 5 things to focus on to generate the most amount of income from your rentals:
- Professional photos – This is the most important factor in deciding whether your property will do well as a short term rental. You need to have pictures that will grab the imagination of the potential renter. You need the “ooh and ahhh” factor.
- Marketing – Some online locations are better than others. Be sure to check out VRBO.com, Homeaway.com, Craigslist, and build your own web site. Property Management companies will have an edge here on individual home marketing campaigns.
- Tell a story – In your property write-up, be sure to capture the emotions of how it feels to vacation at your home. Make it easy for people to imagine taking their vacation at your property.
- Furniture – Wood and log furniture with a mountain rustic decorating also attract the most renters.
- Smart Marketing – Be creative in your advertising and marketing. Don’t forget to market to past renters and ask for referrals.
Are there any property managers out there who would like to add to this list?